Created on Thursday, 26 March 2009 21:11
If you have ever experienced or been approached by people who seem to have a hidden agenda you will benefit greatly from this book. In People Of The Lie, M. Scott Peck, M.D. explains how and why:
1. The evil hide their motives with lies.
2. Evil people want to appear to be good.
3. When confronted by evil, the wisest and most secure adult will usually experience confusion.
4. Evil seeks to discourage others to think for themselves, i.e. fosters dependency.
5. To oppose evil we must have an ongoing dedication to Reality at all costs.
I agree that to be mentally healthy we must believe what is true and only what is true. After reading this book you will be better equipped to deal with people who cause strife and confusion. It will also help you identify thought patterns where you are lying to yourself.
You can read more reviews for this book on goodreads.com