‘STUPIDITY' by Albert Nerenberg features interviews with various people who engage in critical thinking. If you don't know what critical thinking is, you should not be on my website.
Some of the subjects covered in this 2003 documentary are the effects of television and mass media on the intellect, the dumbing-down of the masses, the popularity of Steve-O and Jackass, the role of religion in willful stupidity, and the evolution of such concepts as 'idiot' and 'moron'.
Updates 14 September 2022
This is the song that's played during the closing credits of the documentary. Quote from the lyrics:
If you want a place in the history books then do something dumb before you die.
Why Stupid People Think They're Smart
The 5 Basic Laws Of Human Stupidity
Link to the full article on Principia Scientific International (PSI). You can also copy/paste this link into your browser – https://principia-scientific.com/the-5-basic-laws-of-human-stupidity-according-to-cipolla/
1. Always and inevitably, each of us underestimates the number of stupid individuals in the world
2. The probability that a certain person is stupid is independent of any other characteristic of the same person
3.A stupid person is one who causes harm to another person or group without at the same time obtaining a benefit for himself or even damaging himself
4.Non-stupid people always underestimate the harmful potential of stupid people
5.The stupid person is the most dangerous person that exists
A very interesting study conducted at the Eötvös Loránd University gives us other clues to gain self-consciousness in determining the 3 causes of human stupidity:
1. Ignorance or overconfidence. It would be the highest degree of stupidity and appears in people who take risks of any kind, although they lack the skills or knowledge necessary to face them.
2. Lack of control. It’s a medium degree of stupidity that corresponds to impulsive people, who lack self-control and act letting themselves be carried away by the first impulse.
3. Distraction. It would be the slightest degree of stupidity, which manifests itself in those who fail to achieve something because they don’t pay attention or don’t allocate sufficient resources, struggling uselessly.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect or Why Incompetent People Think They're Amazing