Created on Tuesday, 12 August 2014 21:11
There are NO chosen people on the planet.
There are NO human beings more special than any other human being on the planet.
There is NO one true religion compared to all religions on the planet.
There is NO "one true church", that the "one true God", of the "Chosen People", is head of on the planet.
The reason the average world citizen is fearful, angry, and would just as soon rid themselves of their leaders is that their leaders have forgotten, or never knew, they weren't any more special than the people they are supposed to serve. Lutherans are not better than Catholics and South American Catholics aren't better Catholics than their North American counterparts. Presbyterians are not better than Baptists and Southern Baptists are no better than Northern Baptists and so on and so on and so on.
Exclusivism and just how to perpetuate that "specialness" is a hallmark mindset and goal of most religious faiths and "secret societies" like the Freemasons, Skull & Bones and others. It is a mind virus that seems to be rearing its rather ugly head again. One way, one belief, easily defined rights and wrongs, one law (i.e. one common mind virus) will provide all the comfort and security we need.
When fundamentalists who are infected with Exclusivism speak, the goal is to spread the virus and get others to agree and support it's propagation. Once you are in, everyone not in is out, and the virus then endeavors to become immune from attack through bluster, fear, shame and guilt.
Perpetuating more harm than good is what Exclusivists do best.
Religious organizations seldom complete the tasks they set out for themselves to do. To succeed is to render oneself obsolete and the goal is always to perpetuate the religion, organization, "specialness" and "chosen" status of the group, not end it. This is why no matter how wrong the "chosen" leaders are in fact, they can still explain it all quite well as a "misunderstanding" or "spiritually discerned," and keep the cash flowing in.
So how does Exclusivism work? What must happen for it to be successful?
First of all, it must do two things:
1. It must ensure it can take up a long term residence in the host (Membership or maybe Meme-bership). A meme is an idea that is passed on from one human generation to another. It's the cultural equivalent of a gene, the basic element of biological inheritance. The term was coined in 1976 by Richard Dawkins in his book The Selfish Gene.
2. It must bring about the proper conditions for spreading itself.
Once the above has been achieved the following happens:
1. Promise reward for the effort i.e. position, power, "inside knowledge" and (here's that word again) "specialness". It's better if the reward is "someday." In government, just pay them way too much for way too little.
2. Threaten punishment for failure to grow or pay, pray, stay and obey. This can take place almost any time now and/or in the future.
3. Convince them they are the "chosen", "exclusive" and "special people". Teach them that all others are false and the right way just happens to be where they are. Define the separation of church and state by saying, "It's a bridge and our God wants us to rule the world in his name".
4. Disable their ability to challenge or disbelieve the information given. Lower their immunity. Faith is superior to reason. "The wisdom of man is foolishness with God." In government, just have a folder on with enough info on their private lives to keep them in line.
5. Establish a library of "true literature" and "correct answers" for the faithful and discourage reading outside of this one true source, usually provided by the Chief Virus and his team of pathogens.
Once the parasite has been injected into the host it will need to propagate itself or the virus will die, so Exclusivists do the following:
1. Emotionally, spiritually, psychologically, or literally kill all immune persons. If you can't infect them, eliminate them. Religions just marginalize or disfellowship these types, but governments actually kill them.
2. Intimidate and discriminate against those you can't kill. Isolate them because such people, if not held in isolation, can pass on immunity and resistance to the virus. In religion, this is being disfellowshipped, demoted, censored, or made to bring the watermelon to the picnic. In government, rendition them extraordinarily, hide them away and waterboard them for the appropriate recantation.
3. Encourage true believers to breed faster than false ones. Evangelism is a great tool for this. Or have the Pope send mom a picture of himself for faithfully bringing a large number of small Catholics into the world. In government just ‘spread democracy’ no matter how restrictive it is.
4. Censor incoming information and remember to repeat "the wisdom of man is foolishness with God" often, along with a lot of other scriptures that promote blind obedience. In government, just control the media and set your sites on the Internet.
5. Be prepared to give out disinformation and spread lies about your rivals. Demonize them. And remember, the bigger the lies, the louder you shout them and the more seriously concerned you appear for the welfare of the members, the more successful you will be.
Exclusivism is an evil mindset promoting Us vs. Them, Me vs. You, Chosen vs. Unchosen, Christian vs. Pagan, True vs. False as defined by one government, organization or person over another and it is NEVER going to turn outright.
Usually, the only place where you will find confirmation that a particular group, government, church, guru, or other grand poobah is "more chosen" than all others is in their own literature, historic records or head.
There are NO chosen, special, more of God, people, nations or religions on this planet. As we each operate from our own level of consciousness we will all demonstrate unique talents and capabilities. The higher your level of consciousness the more creative, compassionate and loving, i.e. enlightened, your thoughts and actions will be. Remember that in the end, we are all a part of the same One thing, Prime Creator, All That Is. We're all made of stardust and we all have a limited time to behold the wonders of this universe.
Use that time wisely.
Don't let someone's misguided idea of "chosenness" either in religion, government or anywhere else, ruin your experience on this planet by disabling your ability to choose your own path and to think for yourself.
Edited from: OpEdNews.com
I am closing this article with one of my favorite excerpts from the book, that I have read and given to friends and strangers the most in my life –Conversations With God, Book 1 by Neale Donald Walsch
Everything your heart experiences about God tells you that God is good. Everything your teachers teach you about God tells you God is bad. Your heart tells you God is to be loved without fear. Your teachers tell you God is to be feared, for He is a vengeful God. You are to live in fear of God’s wrath, they say. You are to tremble in His presence.
Your whole life through you are to fear the judgment of the Lord. For the Lord is “just,” you are told. And God knows, you will be in trouble when you confront the terrible justice of the Lord. You are, therefore, to be “obedient” to God’s commands. Or else.
Above all, you are not to ask such logical questions as, “if God wanted strict obedience to His Laws, why did He create the possibility of those Laws being violated?” Ah, your teachers tell you—because God wanted you to have “free choice.” Yet what kind of choice is free when to choose one thing over the other brings condemnation? How is “free will” free when it is not your will, but someone else’s, which must be done? Those who teach you this would make a hypocrite of God.
You are told that God is forgiveness, and compassion—yet if you do not ask for this forgiveness in the “right way,” if you do not “come to God properly”, your plea will not be heard, your cry will go unheeded. Even this would not be so bad if there were only one proper way, but there are as many “proper ways” being taught as there are teachers to teach them. Most of you, therefore, spend the bulk of your adult life searching for the “right” way to worship, to obey, and to serve God.
The irony of all this is that I do not want your worship, I do not need your obedience, and it is not necessary for you to serve Me.
These behaviors are the behaviors historically demanded of their subjects by monarchs—usually egomaniacal, insecure, tyrannical monarchs at that. They’re not Godly demands in any sense—and it seems remarkable that the world hasn’t by now concluded that the demands are counterfeit, having nothing to do with the needs or desires of Deity.
Deity has no needs. All That Is is exactly that: All That Is. It therefore wants, or lacks, nothing — by definition. If you choose to believe in a God who somehow needs something—and has such hurt feelings if He doesn’t get it, that He punishes those from whom He expected to receive it—then you choose to believe in a God much smaller than I. You truly are Children of a Lesser God.
No, my children, please let Me assure you again, through this writing, that I am without needs. I require nothing.
Hold to your values so long as you experience that they serve you. Yet look to see whether the values you serve, with your thoughts, words, and actions, bring to the space of your experience the highest and best idea you ever had about you. Examine your values one by one. Hold them up to the light of public scrutiny. If you can tell the world who you are and what you believe without breaking stride or hesitating, you are happy with yourself.